An accident can have devastating effects on the injured person and his or her family. Even though the circumstances surrounding each accident may be different, there are several common causes known to bring about car accidents. Some of them include texting while driving, drunk driving, speeding, driver fatigue, ignoring traffic signals, tailgating, poor weather conditions, hydroplaning, driving recklessly and distracted drivers.
Claims for Accident Benefits
There are certain benefits that are considered statutory. They include:
- Housekeeping benefit
- Non-earner benefit
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Attendant care
- Income replacement
In order to get the benefits as well as any compensation due to you, you will need to have a good lawyer who knows the law and can argue your case on your behalf.
Important Steps to Take After an Accident
- Make sure that you notify the authorities that you have had an accident
- Take down all the necessary information such as the name of the other party, their address, license numbers, the number plate of the car and contact details of any witnesses.
- Be sure to speak to your insurance company as well as that of the other party and report the accident. Give the names of the parties involved in the accident as well as other contact details. However, the accident details should be withheld until after you have consulted your lawyer.
- Contact us immediately! You can reach our offices on 416-783-3378 or via email to Info@WeAreTheInjuryLawyers.com. We will be happy to give you a consultation at no cost.
- Be sure to contact your doctor and get treatment
- Be sure to keep a record of the health care providers who attend to you. This includes details of their names and contacts as well.
- Keep a record of all the receipts of the expenses incurred as a result of the motor vehicle accident.
- In addition, record how much time your friends and family spend taking care of the injured person.
- Find out if there are supplemental insurance policies that relate to the accident.
- Be sure to get the police report of the accident and also review it to ensure that the information is accurate.
We are dedicated to making sure that you receive what is rightfully due to you. Our goal is to ensure that our clients get proper compensation, the full settlement, for the misfortune and the injuries brought about by the accident.